Monday, September 22, 2008

Discrimination againts witches

Today, I was listening to my copy of Disney's "The Little Mermaid" soundtrack... thinking of my post of how spoiled she is.

(If you haven't read it, read it before you read this. It's okay. I'll wait.)




(Read it? Good, I'll continue.) More proof of Ariel's princessdom... When the evil witch, Ursula, is offering to turn the mermaid into a human, Ursula brings up the subject of payment. Not unreasonable, nothing's free - not even under the sea. But Ariel interrupts, that she doesn't have anything to offer.

What about those twenty thing-a-mabobs? Would she really miss a few who-its or whats-its? She's got plenty of gadgets and gizmos. She didn't even try to offer those up as payment. Perhaps if she had, the witch would have let her keep her voice and the whole messy storm fight could have been prevented.

It's called haggling your highness. Something the mermaid peasants are very familiar with.

No comments: