Thursday, March 5, 2009

Day Twenty-three

There's a crazy game running rampant on the Internet. It's a game very similar to one I just played. But since I've been tagged by three people now, I'm breaking down and playing it too. I'm told to post 25 "random" things about me. But to add suspense, I'm posting one thing a day. I see you shiver in antici...........................................pation.

23. I am not comfortable talking on the phone. Ever. Unfortunately, part of my job forces me to be on the phone. Every time I pick up the dreaded handset, my voice goes up an octave, and I sound like Minnie Mouse. The longer the phone call goes, the higher my voice gets, until no human could possibly hear the frequency my vocal chords are emitting. Eventually the other person on the line is forced to hang up, because the overhead lights are flickering and he/she is afraid it might be a ghost seeking revenge. Run away, run away!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

it's always fun when i call you at work. there's an audible sigh of relief.

Anna Wilder said...

wow, and all this time I thought i was the only one with the phone phobia. I even get nervous phoning my friends.
You're a gem!