Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Yes, I am a little socially awkward. Next question?

I know I shouldn't post about my day job, but I don't like being told what not to do. (I take pictures of my other job, so why not?)



A co-worker stopped by my office, and said, "You've been pretty quiet over here."

I didn't know the appropriate response to such a comment, so said the first thing that came to mind, "That's because I have mouse DNA."

He stared at me, mouth slightly agape.

"You know, because I'm as quiet as a mouse...?" I tried to rationalize what I'd just said.

He continued to stare at me.

"This is why I don't talk much." I defeatedly stated.

"You're a little weird, aren't you?" He asked, as he walked away.


~~~~~~~~~~~~

What would have been the appropriate responsed to "You've been been pretty quiet over here"?

1 comment:

Scott said...

Some individual's intellect won't allow them to grasp or relate to certain jokes or comments. There's always those times when you just have to say "ah, forget it." That's my opinion anyway.