Thursday, April 9, 2009

Rats that fly

Last weekend, Mr J and I left our two beautiful cats, and ventured on a roadtrip of epic proportions. We drove for 6 1/2 hours to Denver, CO. He went to visit his family. I went to visit Lizard and to attend Heather Armstrong's book signing. He had a great time, I had a great time. But what really made the trip worth it? The conversation on the ride home.

Mr J: "So what did you and Lizard do while I was kickin' it with my nieces?"

Suicidal Jane: "You know, the usual. We drank, watched movies, I dyed her hair and then put a streak in my own."

Mr J: "Cool."

Suicidal Jane: "Oh, and she made me dinner. Pigeon. It was really good, she's a good cook!"

Mr J: "Hmm. Are you sure it was pigeon and not dove?"

Suicidal Jane: "It was pigeon. Dove's too expensive."

Mr J: "How'd she cook it?"

Suicidal Jane: "Just put some steak seasoning on it and threw it on the grill. Very tasty."

Mr J: "Wow, I'm really proud of you for eating that. You're usually so picky."

Suicidal Jane: "What are you talking about? There was no gross sauce involved. It was just a  season salt mix..."

Mr J: "I mean, trying pigeon! I didn't know you could buy that!"

Suicidal Jane: "What are you talking about? You know that when I say pigeon, I mean it was chicken, right?"

Mr J: "You didn't eat pigeon?!"

Suicidal Jane: "Uh... no."

Mr J: "It's like I don't even know who you are anymore?!!"

I love the goober, but it's clear we don't speak the same language....

Update: Mr J told me I was an ass for posting this

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG! just wait until he see's the label we're going to get for the next trip up here...

also, did he really expect you to NOT post this? lol, miss ya guys much!