Monday, February 25, 2008

Remember when?

Remember when you were a little kid, living at home, and your mom (or any parental figure really) told you to clean your room? You kicked and screamed and fought, but eventually she won. And while you were finally cleaning up the pig pen that was your bedroom, you thought to yourself, "Someday, when I'm living on my own, I'm never going to clean my house. I like the mess."

Remember when you were a little kid, living at home, and your dad (again, any parental figure will do) told you to eat all your vegetables? You pouted and cried, but he told you, you couldn't leave the table until you'd at least tried them. And while you were on your hunger strike at the dinner table, you thought to yourself, "When I'm living on my own, I'm going to eat pizza and ice cream for every meal."

Remember when you were a little kid, living at home, and your parents (or parental figure[s]) told you to stop playing outside with your best friend, that it was getting dark, and time to come home. You protested, but didn't throw a fit because you didn't want your friend to think you were a baby. And on the way home you thought to yourself, "When I'm living on my own, my best friend and I are going to live together, in a big house. That way we can play all night."

What ever happened to that?

No comments: