Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I would be so happy, I'd pee.

Dear Hollywood,

I've heard it said that you are out of ideas. I don't really believe that, however I do acknowledge that you've been making a lot of remakes lately. There's nothing necessarily wrong with that. It can be a great way to make money, and there are several remakes that I like better than the original.

That being said, I ask for a favor. I beg, I plead, I implore! Please remake The Last Unicorn. I loved this movie as a small child (Of course I did, I was a girl, and it was about a unicorn, you don't have to be a genius to guess that was going to happen.), and as an adult I don't believe that the great story was given the chance it deserved. Much of the animation was horrible, and holy shit, did they seriously let Mia Farrow sing?!* It's like the original film makers set their creation up for failure. I don't care if it's another animation (and let's be honest, an anime version could be amazing), computer generated, live action, claymation, a mixture of some or all... it could even be in... dare I say it... 3D.

C'mon, make the little girl in all of us, happy.
Jane

*Not that Jeff Bridges was much better.

No comments: