Wednesday, July 30, 2008

An Open Letter to the Spider Outside My Apartment

Spidey,

Every day we have the same routine. I leave for work while you hide in the bushes. I work diligently in my cubicle, and you weave an elaborate web to catch food. No one notices all the work I get done, and your silk is so thin that it can't been seen with the naked eye. We have a lot in common. We should be friends.

So why then, do you insist on building your web on the front steps every day? I unknowingly walk through it, and get it tangled on my web... bringing you with me. You crawl up my leg, I scream like Jamie Lee Curtis' in her early movies. This is not how friends treat each other.

Can we start our relationship over?

Your hopeful friend,
Suicidal Jane

1 comment:

a smiley face said...

Ah Jane, yet again you've put a smile on my face bright & early with your sweet post! I hope you get a reply, though spiders are known for being cold and distant so best not to hold your breath.