Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mr J doesn't understand how epic of a song this really is...

There's a song my mother use to sing me. According to YouTube, which is the most reputable source I know of, it's called Six Little Ducks. I was drunk and trying to explain why this song is about empowerment. And I'll argue with you even while sober that this is so.


It's a song, about this duck. It's bald. It only has ONE little feather on it's back. (The chorus isn't "But the one little duck with many feathers on his back" it's THE feather. "THE" as in, the only one.) And you know what? He overcame his anxiety, insecurities and GOD DAMMIT HE ROSE UP TO BECOME A LEADER! To quote President Obama, YES WE CAN! But this song was written well before Mr. President even ran for office in his Elementary School. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he was inspired by this song as a little boy.... 




No comments: